This? Just a simple avocado egg toast that you will want to eat every day for breakfast. Even though it’s healthy and not donuts. You can make this simple easy breakfast recipe with eggs, avocado and vegetables in about 10 minutes.
This is an avocado toast and it’s with an egg and tomato and basil and olives and you seriously can’t go wrong with it. I used to make this almost every morning before I started the keto diet. Right now I’m doing something a little bit different and I’ll be sharing it next week.
However, should keto be over soon, I’ll surely return running to this AMAZING avocado toast, because it’s so freaking delicious and easy! I sometimes also like to make it for lunch or as a snack if I haven’t eaten a real meal that day.
Whenever you choose to make this, it’s a great way to get some vegetables and some protein in. And yes, I did use white bread for “the shoot”, absolutely no regrets.
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato, sliced (or 3-4 cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 avocado
- handful basil leaves
- handful arugula/spinach
- 4-5 strips green peppers
- 3-4 olives, pitted, chopped
- 1-2 slices of your favorite bread
- black pepper
- Toast the bread, then let it cool off for a little bit. Prepare egg your favorite way - poached, scrambled or fried. I fried an egg in a non-stick pan and turned it because I like my eggs done on both sides.
- Put the avocado on the toasted bread, mash and spread it using a butter knife or even a fork. Top with avocado, green peppers, olives, basil and arugula, add some ground black pepper.
- Then top it all off with the egg. Have the leftover vegetables on the side and serve immediately!
You see 2 slices of bread because they were pretty small, but I usually just use 1 slice for 1 egg.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 506mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 24gSugar: 29gProtein: 27g