Start your day with this delicious healthy breakfast idea: a 4-Ingredient Banana Baked Oatmeal Cake! This easy recipe is delicious, gluten-free and easily made vegan. You only need 4 ingredients for the base: bananas, oatmeal, coconut oil or butter and milk of choice. If you’re craving something sweet, this will also work as an easy healthy dessert recipe.
The 4 Ingredients
These are the 4 ingredients I used for my oatmeal cake:
- super ripe bananas: reduce food waste and use those rotten bananas to make this. The darker they are, the sweeter they’ll be.
- oats: I prefer to use quick oats, other types will yield a much chunkier texture
- milk: you can use any type of milk you like here – dairy or dairy-free both would work.
- Coconut oil or butter: I did not have coconut oil at the moment, so we used butter, but this would be perfect with some butter as well.
If you do have a huge sweet tooth, you might want to add in a tbsp of honey / maple syrup or another 1/2 of banana, because these did not taste super sweet.
How To Make Banana Baked Oatmeal Cake
This is a super simple process and you’re going to need a blender, an immersion blender or a hand blender. Here are the five easy steps:
- Put ingredients into the blender
- Pour into baking pan/pans
- Add toppings of choice
- Bake for 20-30 minutes!
That is it! It’s so easy and so good!
I decided to do something I’ve told myself I’d never do in the past: use chopped dark chocolate on a banana recipe. I’ve never liked that combination, but it was actually delicious. Here are some options:
- chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- chopped nuts/seeds
- fruit (strawberries, raspberries or bananas can work)
- almond or peanut butter after the baking is done
- or use whatever you like!
So I used the three mini cake forms I bought three years ago, that somehow never made it in the oven until now. If you don’t have these, you can also use a regular springform pan or any smaller pan, just make sure to line it up with parchment paper, so you can easily get these out.
- 2 old bananas
- 1 cup oats
- ⅔ cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Put all ingredients for the base into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture into mini cake pans or a smaller baking pan lined with parchment paper. Top with your favorite toppings. I added 1 tbsp chopped dark chocolate on 2 of the cakes and some chopped walnuts on the third.
- Bake at 350F/180C for 20-30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
You Might Also Like:
- Healthy Breakfast Apple Oatmeal Cake
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Amazing Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins With Cream Cheese