This is a one week barre workout plan that you can do at home using a chair or your kitchen counter and the 7 free barre workouts that are available on Youtube. Feel free to make your training longer or to add your favorite barre exercises to the challenge.
Last year was a year of many discoveries for me. One that really surprised me was that I actually loved ballet. Not just watching it, but trying to perform it. I repeat: trying.
An exercise form that is very closely related to ballet is barre. I had never heard of barre until my sister came over one time last year and played a video for me after I explained to her for the millionth time how I don’t have time to exercise. We did that 15-minute workout video from Youtube right there in my living room and my toddler participated too using us as tunnels. (Whenever I try to make a downward dog he sneaks underneath and says mommy tunnel).
Couldn’t believe it – just 15 minutes, but I felt brand new. Stronger, more awake and no back pain. It was a full-body workout that was kinda like Pilates but in standing. Like a mix between Pilates and ballet.
I’ve been doing barre ever since on and off, but this year, I really want to incorporate more barre workouts into my weekly workout schedule. I want to do it least 3 times a week.
Therefore this challenge. Whenever I’m trying to make something stick I do a 7-day challenge and it seems to work well for me. I get that momentum and start doing it the thing most days of the week. If you want to join me in that challenge – here it is.
The Barre Workout Challenge
The 7-Day challenge is simple: Do one barre workout every day for 7-days. It doesn’t need to be a 30-40 minute workout, but just do something. You can do it at home or wherever you want. For most workouts, you need a chair as the only piece of equipment. Here are a few tips:
- Keep it simple. If you have 10 minutes in the morning – use them and squeeze in a 10-minute barre class. 10 minutes of exercise is better than 0 minutes of exercise.
- Go at your own pace. While most of these barre workouts are low-impact, they can be pretty challenging for absolute beginners. So go at your own pace.
- Have a plan. This will save you a ton of time and you’ll be more likely to actually complete the challenge. It’s pretty sad when you’re under time pressure and have to spend 10 minutes on Youtube looking for a 10-minute workout. Trust me, I know. Have a plan for your workouts.
- If you don’t like a workout, don’t do it. Do the one you like, don’t worry about repeating the same thing. As long as you’re having fun and feeling challenged, but also good you’re making progress.
7-Day At Home Barre Workout Plan
I made this workout plan incorporating at home barre workouts that I’ve done in the past and have actually loved (I do keep a list of those). We’ll be switching things up between short and longer workouts, but there will be a workout every day, to simply keep the momentum going. If you do need a rest – please rest. This challenge is supposed to be a fun activity, not a punishment.
Day 1: Full Body Low Impact Barre Workout
Day 2: Lower Body Barre Workout
Day 3: Core Barre Workout
Day 4: Upper Body Barre Workout
Day 5: No Equipment Full Body Barre Workout
Day 6: Lean And Strong Arms Barre
Day 7: Bodyweight Barre Workout
I hope you enjoy this workout plan or if you don’t like the idea at least find some new workout ideas for your exercise routine. I love all of these workouts and I’m so thankful for all the trainers who put in the effort and shared them with us. Make sure to check out their Youtube channels and to subscribe, so you can support them.
You Might Also Like
- 5 HIIT Workouts For Beginners
- 7-Day Yoga Challenge
- Morning Yoga: The Best Stretches And Routines To Try