These blueberry banana oatmeal pancakes are a yummy, healthy and easy breakfast that you and your family will love! They take 10 minutes to make, are flourless, high-fiber and sweetened only with the banana – refined sugar-free!
Pancake time again! I kinda took a break from making 2573 pancakes and sharing them all on this blog last month (or was it the month before that, maybe I should start eating more berries to remember things!). But now I’m back and I have 2 more recipes to share, after that, I’ll probably be done with stacking oatmeal in pancake form on top of each other.
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancake Ingredients
You need less than 10 ingredients to make these for breakfast tomorrow and I think you might have them all at home…To be sure, here’s what you need:
- banana (a old banana works too!)
- baking soda
- butter or coconut oil
Now here’s what you have to do with all of these to get this…
How To Make Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Use a blender or a hand blender to make a batter out of oats, yogurt, egg, banana, baking soda and vanilla. Blend it all together and you’re set.
- Heat a skillet over medium to medium-high and grease it with coconut oil or butter.
- Start pouring the batter, forming palm-sized pancakes.
- Once you’ve poured all the pancakes, start topping each one with blueberries (on the side that isn’t cooking).
- Once nicely golden brown on the one side, flip the blueberry side, so it can cook as well.
- Transfer to a plate and add your favorite toppings.
With the banana and blueberries, I felt these pancakes were sweet enough on their own, so I left out any sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. The only thing I topped them with was a little bit of butter that melted while they were still hot! So delicious, simple and good!
Now, if you want to add more toppings here are some other options:
- Fresh fruit. And not just blueberries, you could use strawberries, raspberries, blackberries…these would go well here.
- Nut butter. I love some almond or peanut butter on top of my pancakes! Makes them really rich and me really full.
- Greek yogurt or whipped coconut cream. Add some vanilla to that….oooooh.
- Or if you have a HUGE sweet tooth – you might like maple syrup or honey on top of these!
When it comes to oatmeal pancakes, I have made quite a few variations:
- Simple Oatmeal Pancakes – with only oats, this one is great for playing around with toppings.
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes – just the banana and topped with banana, I really love this one!
- Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes – similar recipe, but use sliced strawberries on top! One of my favorites, I still think about that strawberry vanilla smell.
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes – the way to go if you do not like the taste of banana. These are sweetened with honey and oh so tasty!
Other easy options to make these pancakes would be to add a different fruit on top or inside. Think apples, cherries, even peaches.
You can make this recipe dairy-free by leaving out the yogurt and adding a tbsp of coconut oil to the batter.
To make it gluten-free it’s best to use gluten-free oats, as I don’t know whether this recipe would work with other flour-alternatives.
I hope you enjoy these blueberry banana pancakes for breakfast or whenever you crave something sweet! Make sure to leave a comment if you have any questions or, of course, feedback!
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes! This is a yummy, easy and healthy breakfast that is high-fiber, flourless and refined sugar-free. Your family will love it!
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup / 50g oats
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coconut oil or butter
- Place the egg, banana, oats, yogurt, baking soda and vanilla in your food processor or use an immersion blender. Blend until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick pan with coconut oil or butter, pour the pancake batter forming small pancakes.
- While cooking, top each pancake with blueberries.
- When the edges look ready, flip and cook the pancakes until golden brown on the other side.
- Repeat if you have more batter.
- Serve immediately adding your favorite toppings or pack for later.