I’ve been trying to cut dairy out of my life for a few weeks now, I’m over you, dairy, you hear me? So I went ahead, experimented, and not long after started making this cashew sauce. So damn good, so creamy! No idea how it’s different from yogurt or sour cream, it pretty much tastes the same to me. But no dairy.
Where Can You Use This Cashew Sauce?
Use it wherever you need a tangy, garlicky sauce – in bowls, with dinner, with beans, with meat. Yes, I pretty much use it in everything right now, you guessed right! Here are some ideas from my own recipes:
- in these healthy Greek chicken wraps instead of the yogurt sauce
- or these AMAZING tofu wraps (<- name something you never thought you’d say)
- in these Greek meatball bowls instead of the yogurt garlic sauce
How To Make A Cashew Sauce
To make this dairy-free sauce you’ll need to soak cashews for a few hours, maybe overnight, remove the soaking water, then add lemon juice, some fresh water, salt and garlic and blend that using an immersion blender, a nut grinder or a high-speed blender.
It gets so creamy and it’s so tasty! Can’t believe it’s not yogurt (that was my go-to sauce).
Creamy vegan cashew sauce with garlic to use with dinner and in bowls instead of sour cream or yogurt! Great option if you’re eating a paleo or vegan diet!
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste to everything
- Blend soaked cashews, lemon juice, garlic clove and 2-3 Tbsp water using a high-speed blender, an immersion blender or a nut grinder for 20-30 seconds until creamy.