This easy chicken and mushroom dinner recipe is healthy, high-protein and requires few ingredients, little time as well as very basic cooking skills.
I bet everyone has a go-to healthy chicken recipe at this point! Probably because this type of protein is tasty and extremely quick and easy to prepare. When you combine it with the right ingredients, it becomes just what you need to end your day properly.
If you don’t have a staple recipe for poultry, don’t worry – this easy chicken recipe with mushrooms is the answer. The process is super easy, basically, anyone can make this delicious simple meal and enjoy a high-protein weeknight dinner!
Why You’ll Love This Chicken And Mushroom Recipe
Most cuisines have a chicken and mushroom recipe variation. And there’s a good reason for that. These two ingredients just seem to go well together, allowing for different spices or ways of preparation. Now, this recipe is:
- full of protein
- healthy and satiating
- quick and easy to make
- low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, nut-free
- suitable for weight loss
In less than half an hour you can prepare a filling meal that’s full of nutrients and super appetizing. It’s very similar to my spicy chicken and chickpea skillet, but the mushrooms add that special flavor. I’m pretty sure once you try it, it’ll become one of your favorite ways to cook chicken because it’s that fast and tasty!
I told you, you’ll need a few basic, simple ingredients to put together this healthy chicken recipe, here they are:
- chicken breast
- white button mushrooms
- chili powder or crushed red pepper (optional)
- oregano or other dried herbs of choice
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How To Make Chicken And Mushroom Dinner Recipe
When I say quick and easy, I mean it. Here’s the to-do list once you’ve gathered all the ingredients for the skillet:
- Start by chopping the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Wash the mushrooms, scallion and parsley and chop them – mushrooms more roughly, the parsley – thinly.
- Add the cut-up chicken to a pan and saute it with olive oil, scallion, salt, crushed red pepper (optional), oregano and black pepper. Stir for about 4-5 minutes at medium-high.
- Throw in the mushrooms and stir occasionally for another 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and if desired more black pepper. After you’ve made the ingredients dizzy by stirring two or three times, turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle your freshly cut parsley on top and serve immediately!
How To Store
In case you doubled the recipe and didn’t eat everything, you can store the entire chicken and mushroom dinner recipe in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How To Serve
I love serving this simple chicken dinner with salad on the side. You can whip up a quick one by combining avocado, arugula, cucumber, onion, parsley, and a little bit of basil.
You can use the chicken in wraps or as the protein source in bowls.
If you’re looking to turn it more into a comfort food, you can of also serve it with garlic mashed potatoes and some cooked vegetables like broccoli or peas on the side.
More Healthy Recipes With Chicken
Now if this chicken and mushroom dinner skillet, didn’t become your go to recipe, here are some other healthy ideas:
- 15-Minute Spicy Chicken and Chickpeas
- Roasted Vegetable And Chicken Bowls
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- 10oz/280g chicken breast, chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp parsley, thinly chopped
- 5 oz/150g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 scallion, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Start by chopping the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Wash the mushrooms, scallion and parsley and chop them – mushrooms into rough slices, the scallion and parsley – thinly.
- Add the cut-up chicken to a pan and saute it with olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper (optional), scallion, oregano and black pepper. Stir for about 4-5 minutes at medium-high.
- Throw in the mushrooms and stir occasionally for another 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and if desired more black pepper. Stir two or three times, then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle freshly cut parsley on top and serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 400mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g