Don’t hesitate to make this tasty and healthy chickpea salad! Filled with fresh vegetables, chickpeas and feta cheese this salad is perfect for summer, easy to make and needs no fancy dressing. I’ve been making this or a variation of it, every day since it got hot outside and I simply can’t get enough – fresh, flavorful, simple, yet delicious this is like an upgraded Greek salad.
Chickpea Salad Ingredients
Chickpeas. To make life a little easier and to save some time we’ll use canned chickpeas. Don’t overthink this, just rinse and drain them really well.
Tomatoes. Choose ripe and sweet tomatoes for this salad.
Greens. Use any greens you like – spinach, kale, arugula, parsley, basil even lettuce would work. I used spinach, arugula, and parsley here.
Olives. Use olives with the pits in or if you don’t want to accidentally break a tooth while enjoying this deliciousness, use pitted olives and chop them in circles.
Jalapeno. Chop a jalapeno to add some extra vitamin C here and make this salad a little spicy.
Feta cheese adds creaminess and saltiness to this salad, so you don’t need a fancy dressing here.
Onion. Use a red, green or regular onion for a little more (onion) flavor here.
How To Make The Best Chickpea Salad
The most beautiful thing about salads like this one is how easy and quick they’re to make. You don’t need to be cooking or baking anything. The process involves opening a can, chopping some vegetables, putting it all into a bowl and then drowning it all in olive oil and some lemon juice. Told you, super easy.
For those who don’t want to read long sentences, here are the steps in bullet point format:
- Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas
- Chop the vegetables
- Put them all in a bowl
- Pour some olive oil
- Juice some lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix it all together
There are so many ways you can modify this salad, if you don’t like one of the ingredients or want to make it even more filling:
- add chicken – the salad is filling already, but if you add chicken you’d make it super filling, great if you’re doing intermittent fasting or wanting to have this for lunch.
- make it vegan – remove the feta cheese and serve as is or add some avocado and nuts.
- add more vegetables – if you say well, this salad doesn’t have enough veggies in it, add some cucumbers, avocado, beets, grilled vegetables – whatever your heart desires, it will turn out great!
Chickpea Salad Recipe
A fresh and tasty chickpea salad with tomatoes, jalapeno, olives and feta cheese! This easy healthy salad recipe is simple like a Greek salad, but also full of flavor. Perfect for summer as a lunch or to share with friends or family!
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tomato / 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup greens*
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small onion / 2 green onions
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Salt (optional)
- Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas.
- Chop the tomato, greens, olives, jalapeno and onion.
- Add the chickpeas, vegetables, feta cheese to a bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper. Toss to combine well, have a taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve immediately!
*greens: arugula, spinach, parsley (or use greens of your choice: kale, lettuce, basil, cilantro...)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 617mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 13gSugar: 9gProtein: 15g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.