You are going to love this delicious and easy coconut curry vegetable soup! It’s comforting, flavorful, sweet and spicy at the same time and you can make it in 10 minutes! This quick healthy vegetarian soup recipe will become one of your favorite dinner ideas to make on a busy weeknight!
How To Make A Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup in 10 Minutes
It seems impossible, but it seriously took me about 10 minutes to make this creamy Thai-inspired soup. And it was so good, it’s like a bowl of comfort that I kept thinking about for days.
It’s gluten free, dairy-free, vegan, I even think it’s paleo. So it’s for everyone. Everyone is welcome to make a batch of this deliciousness.
Red curry paste. I usually get a big bucket of Thai red curry paste and keep it in the freezer. It lasts me for many months.
Coconut milk. Make sure your coconut milk doesn’t have too many additives, sometimes they tend to have thickening agents that some of us might be intolerant to (me).
Vegetable broth or water.
Lime grass or lime leaves. Another thing you can keep in your freezer for a long, long time. I actually recommend lime leaves since it’s easier to “fish them out” once you’re ready to eat and they have amazing flavor.
Vegetables. For this soup, I used carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and frozen green beans. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you have available, you can also add some cooked chickpeas. Still, it’s important to remember to not overload the soup with vegetables.
Go ahead and chop all the broccoli, carrot and mushrooms.
Add the coconut milk, broth, curry paste and limegrass or leaves to a small cooking pot. Stir with a fork or a whisk at medium-high heat until the curry paste dissolves completely in the coconut milk.
Reduce the heat. Add the broccoli, green beans and carrot and cover the cooking pot with a lid for 2 minutes.
Remove the lid, add in the mushrooms and cook for another two minutes.
Turn the heat off and remove the lime leaves using a fork.
Serve immediately with some freshly chopped cilantro.
As I mentioned, this coconut curry soup is super versatile. For example, you can add more protein: you can stir in some tofu, cooked chicken, salmon or shrimp.
You can also use other vegetables: Whatever is in season for example zucchini, cauliflower or peas will also be great options.
I really hope you enjoy this simple flavorful vegetable soup!
More Healthy Vegetarian Soups
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Coconut Curry Peas, Rice and Lentil Soup
- 20-Minute Healthy White Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lemongrass, chopped or 4-5 lime leaves
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 3/4 cup broccoli
- Wash and chop the vegetables in bite-sized pieces.
- Add the coconut milk, broth and curry paste to a small cooking pot. Add the lime leaves or lemongrass and stir at medium until the curry paste dissolves in the coconut milk.
- Reduce heat, add the broccoli, carrots and green beans and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes.
- Remove lid, add mushrooms and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Turn the heat off and remove the lemongrass or lime leaves.
- Serve immediately and garnish with some cilantro if you’d like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g