For the lack of better description, this here is a super fresh corn and avocado salad that is just great for summer. This easy healthy salad is filled with grilled zucchini, olives, feta cheese, parsley, cucumbers and tomatoes and you’ll feel great eating it. Have it at lunch, dinner, on the side or as the main course.
Avocado, Feta and Corn Salad Ingredients
Lettuce. Chop any type of lettuce and use it as the base for this salad. A base of mixed greens or one of those salad mixes with chopped cabbage in there will work too.
Zucchini. Grilled or roasted zucchini totally upgrade this salad. I usually cook the zucchini in a pan with a sprinkle of olive oil, it takes about 2-3 minutes on each side. I used a white zucchini here, but you can use any type you find. If you don’t have zucchini, you could use any type of cooked/roasted vegetable you like: eggplant, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower are all great choices.
Avocado. Another main player in this salad. Select ripe, but not spoiled avocados. If your avocados aren’t ripe enough yet, here’s how to ripen them within 1-2 days.
Olives and Feta Cheese. No secret here, much like my toddler I’m a huge fan of olives – I add them to everything. Use any type of olives you like here, but I do prefer green or Kalamata olives. I also like to add some feta cheese to most of my salads – it really melts in and becomes like a dressing.
Corn on the Cob. Boil or grill corn, then carefully (!!!) cut the kernels off as demonstrated here. Tastes so much different than using canned or frozen corn kernels. And you get to eat the other half like that.
Parsley, Tomatoes, Lemon And Cucumber. These add a very fresh touch to the salad, so do not skip them.
Garlic. The addition of minced garlic will make this salad complete and is absolutely necessary.
How To Make An Avocado, Feta & Corn Salad
- Wash, slice and cook the zucchini – grilling, roasting or sauteing will work
- Peel the corn, cook it and cut the kernels off the cob. You can either grill or boil the corn. I boiled mine and it was ready in about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime chop all vegetables that need chopping – lettuce, avocado, parsley, tomato, cucumber. Mince garlic, juice lemon.
- Place everything you’ve just prepared in a large salad bowl, top with feta cheese, add olives, olive oil and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle flax seeds or toasted sesame or sunflower seeds and enjoy immediately!
And that’s pretty much it! My family really liked this corn and avocado salad, even though my husband hates anything with a vegetable in it and the only way I can serve him a salad is if it has pizza or lasagna with it. I don’t know how I got him to try this, but he did and he did not complain.
Well, I really hope you like this salad as much as we did, let me know in the comments if you have any questions!
Super Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad
A refreshing, filling and delicious healthy corn and avocado salad with grilled zucchini, olives and feta cheese - perfect summer salad. Serve this salad as a healthy side dish or as the main course for a healthy lunch or dinner!
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 corn on the cob
- 2 cups lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced & grilled
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1/2 red onion, small, chopped
- bunch parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- flax seeds or sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, slice and cook the zucchini or saute it in a pan with some olive oil.
- Boil the corn and cut the kernels off.
- Chop lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, parsley, avocado.
- Add the vegetables to a salad bowl.
- Mince the garlic, juice the lemon and add them to that bowl.
- Once cooled off, add in the grilled zucchini and the corn.
- Sprinkle some olive oil and feta cheese and toss to combine.
- Have a taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle flax seeds or toasted sesame seeds for even more flavor.
- Serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 575mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 16gSugar: 10gProtein: 13g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.