Who’s ready for a healthier keto chicken dinner recipe? It’s this creamy keto chicken and vegetables and it’s absolutely easy, amazing and delicious and you have to make it this week. Or you know – tonight. All you need for this creamy keto chicken recipe are boneless skinless chicken thighs, Parmesan cheese, some vegetables, some cream cheese, a pan and about 20-30 minutes. That’s right, this one-pan low-carb dinner idea is pretty easy and quick too!
It’s cheesy, it’s creamy, it’s garlicky, but not too much and it’s comforting, but also healthier, because broccoli. I know the pics aren’t the best, but I’m not the most esthetic chopper. When I chop broccoli florets, I’m not messing around. I get really deep and go for the stems too. Not a machine here. And me chopping chicken ain’t the prettiest sight either. I kinda numb it out, as we’ve all started to do about many things over the past two years.
I originally made this creamy chicken for dinner when I ended up with a ton of vegetables in my fridge, some leftover cream cheese, which I am trying to quit, but it’s just so good for creamy sauces. We also had some chicken in the freezer and it was a spontaneous meal that I absolutely loved and needed to share asap.
Also, someone tell me how to make dairy-free cream cheese that I would actually like! If you’ve got some good recipes or ideas for that, let me know! Now, let’s get to the recipe.
Creamy Keto Chicken and Vegetables
Chicken. You’ll need some chopped skinless, boneless chicken thighs. That’s it. But that being said, you can also use leftover shredded chicken or chicken breast.
Vegetables. Use what’s in season. Fine, I also added a red pepper in January, but to be fair – it was probably already picked in October and was pretty old and wrinkled. Also added some Brussels sprouts, broccoli, scallions, garlic, mushrooms…Other good vegetables, when in season, would be zucchini, kale, spinach, a few tomatoes, arugula (add it in the end)…
Cheeses. Cream cheese, Parmesan and some mozzarella went into this meal.
Herbs, spices, oil and some broth. All of these will provide more flavor to the meal and are absolutely needed!
How To Make Creamy Keto Chicken And Vegetables
The first thing you always need to do is to prep your ingredients. So wash the vegetables and the chicken, then chop both.
Chop chicken, broccoli and mushrooms in bite-sized pieces, scallions thinly, Brussels sprouts in halves or quarters, mushrooms roughly and then mince the garlic.
Start with the chicken, add it to a pan with some olive oil, black pepper and oregano and cook at medium-high for about 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally. At this point, it shouldn’t look raw. We are going to be cooking the chicken longer with the rest of the ingredients, so don’t worry.
Now, reduce heat to medium and move the chicken to one side of the pan, add the peppers to the other side. Allow to get fragrant for 1-2 minutes and then add in the broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and scallions. Stir these in and cover the pan for about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and the minced garlic. Wait for about a minute or two for the broth to heat up, then stir in the cream cheese. Keep stirring until all of the cream cheese has dissolved and you get a creamy sauce.
Then add the Parmesan cheese and stir until dissolved too. Finally and optionally add the mozzarella cheese, salt and black pepper!
And that’s it! Serve while it’s hot, this is not revenge! I hope you enjoy this creamy chicken recipe!
More Tasty and Easy Keto Dinner Recipes:
- 280g or 10 oz chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 3 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 white button mushroom, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 1/2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Wash the vegetables and the chicken. Chop chicken, broccoli and mushrooms, red pepper in bite-sized pieces, scallions thinly, Brussels sprouts in halves or quarters, and then mince the garlic.
- Add the chicken to a pan with some olive oil, black pepper and oregano, cook at medium-high for about 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and move the chicken to one side of the pan, add the peppers to the other side. Allow the red pepper get fragrant for 1-2 minutes and then add in the broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and scallions. Stir these in and cover the pan for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and minced garlic. Wait for about a minute or two for the broth to heat up, then stir in the cream cheese. Keep stirring until all of the cream cheese has dissolved the sauce gets creamy.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until dissolved too.
- Finally and optionally add the mozzarella cheese, salt and black pepper!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 1323mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 52g