This creamy pasta with pesto and arugula is delicious, vegetarian, quick and easy for dinner!
I used store-bought genovese pesto, some tomato puree and cream cheese to make the sauce. Proud of myself for living that healthy lifestyle and getting my vegetables in during winter. Oh, well, I also put a lot of arugula in these. I think it totally cancels out the cream cheese, cheese and that whole pasta thing.
Also this was pretty amazing and something I would definitely daydream about when I start eating low carb again. Let’s focus on the positive though.
Creamy Pasta With Pesto & Arugula
This creamy vegetarian pasta with pesto and arugula is easy to make for dinner and super tasty!
- 6oz pasta (around 150g)
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- 5-6 olives, pitted
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to label instructions, then rinse and drain.
- In the mean time wash arugula, peel garlic, chop olives.
- In a large pan, at medium, medium-high heat, mix tomato paste with pesto, add some water if too thick, I added 2-3 tbsp (if using tomato puree you might not need to add water). Reduce heat to medium, stir in the cream cheese while cooking. You should get a creamy smooth consistency.
- Add in the cooked pasta, making sure to cover every piece with the sauce. Stir in the garlic, then add the mozzarella and stir again. The sauce should be thick enough and you can turn the heat off.
- Add in the arugula and chopped olives, stir again. Serve with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
You can use any type of pasta you want here. You can use tomato puree instead of tomato paste, but you'll need a little bit more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 479Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 521mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.