This delicious feta zucchini dip is a super easy appetizer! Great addition to salads, bowls or wraps this zucchini recipe is made with just 5 ingredients: sauteed zucchini, garlic, feta, olive oil and dill!
Feta Zucchini Dip
I made this tasty and pretty simple dip a few weeks ago, when my dad gave me some of the first zucchini from his garden. Those were pretty big and I immediately started overthinking about what I’m going to make with them.
That’s how thoughts evolve. In my 20ies: “He’s not calling, should I text him?”, 30ies: “Where’s my career/family life/life going”, early 40ies: “What can I make with lots of zucchini?”. Can’t wait for what’s next!
Should I shred them and sneak them into my son’s pasta? He’s been getting better and better at his detective work dedicated to never eating a vegetable: “Aha, a tiny piece of carrot! I want bread and cheese.”
Should I make zucchini bread or zoodles? Nah and nah.
So, I decided to use up those zucchini the way I enjoy them since I was a kid – cut in circles and fried or sauteed. Then I decided that it would be a great idea to mash them with some feta and, of course, garlic – the magical ingredient. I saw I had some dill, so I chopped it so thinly you could not see it with a naked eye.
It turned out amazing…like amazing. This zucchini appetizer is:
- incredibly delicious
- super quick and easy
- made with just 5 ingredients
- fairly healthy
You’ll love it! You can have it as a dip, I served mine with salad and some grilled fish and it was great!
5 Ingredients For This Feta Zucchini Dip
This is what you need for this simple zucchini recipe:
- Zucchini. Any variety of zucchini will work and you will need it stir-fried or sauteed with some olive or other type of oil
- Feta cheese. Another option would be manouri or any other type of white, salty, crumbly cheese that you want and is easiest to have available.
- Garlic. Very, very important ingredient – minced garlic is what you want here, not sure garlic powder would work.
- Olive oil. You might be able to skip this ingredient, but if you decide to add it use the extra virgin type!
- Dill. Fresh herbs like dill, basil, mint or even cilantro are a great addition to this simple vegetarian dip!
How To Make Feta Zucchini Dip
Making this zucchini dip is a pretty simple and quick process. The first part takes the longest and it’s cutting and sauteeing the zucchini.
Wash and cut the zucchini in cicrles, then add them to a nonstick pan greased well with olive oil in a single layer. Saute at medium-high for 2-3 minutes on each side until you run out of zucchini. Make sure the pan is always greased with oil.
Then it’s time to add the zucchini, crumbled feta, minced garlic, chopped dill and olive oil to a bowl. Mash them together with a fork for a more chunky texture or if you choose to, blend using an immersion blender (you can also try the food processor). I decided to do manual work and loved the dip chunky!
Perfect Meal Prep Recipe
You can store this easy dip in the fridge for 3-4 days when packed in an airtight container. It can be a tasty part of your weekly meal prep and you can use it in your salads or on the side with salad, grilled meat, fish or chickpea patties like these.
What To Serve The Zucchini Dip With
I actually enjoyed this dip as it is, just with my regular tomato cucumber salad. you can serve it:
- over toasted bread – it will do pretty well on avocado toast as well
- with boiled or baked potatoes or french fries
- on cucumber slices for a lighter version (or other fresh vegetables)
- with grilled meat or fish
- along with vegan patties like these
- in bowls, salads or wraps
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
This zucchini feta dip is vegetarian, gluten-, grain-, and nut-free, as well as low carb.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
I hope you enjoy this tasty simple appetizer zucchini recipe, make sure to check out these tasty appetizers as well:
- 2 cups zucchini, washed and cut in circles
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, thinly chopped
- Wash and cut zucchini in circles. Add zucchini in a single layer to a nonstick pan, greased well with olive oil and saute at medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat process until you run out of zucchini.
- Add zucchini, crumbled feta, minced garlic, olive oil and dill to a bowl and mash everything together with a fork.
- You can even blend the ingredients to get a smoother consistency, but I really enjoy the texture of this dip.
- Serve as is or with some baked potatoes, over salads, in bowls or in wraps.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 936mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 19g