Healthy flourless oatmeal pumpkin muffins with cream cheese! Super easy pumpkin recipe for fall that is good and nourishing enough to be a healthy breakfast idea. If you’re looking for some practical meal prep breakfast recipes – you can make these breakfast muffins ahead and eat them on the go.
So, okay, these super easy oatmeal pumpkin muffins do not look like Victoria’s Secret models, but they’re really tasty, okay? And they have cream cheese on top.
Also I realize, there’s been a lot of pumpkin over here, recently and I’ll stop soon, but first these muffins.
Flourless Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
Remember the double chocolate muffin at Starbucks? I don’t even know what they’re called, last time I was in Starbucks was 3 years ago before I got pregnant. It’s also the last time I went outside. Help meee.
So how about those muffins? I’m talking about the chocolate ones with the white thing on top, I think it’s cream cheese.
As you might know I’ve made a commitment to not go outside or wash my hair and I’ve started to make my own coffee shop recipes at home – exhibit A: this cappuccino. Long story in one sentence: I tried to make similar Starbucks muffins, but instead of chocolate I made them with pumpkin. Patent pending, Starbucks. And now I realize there is a thing called Starbucks pumpkin muffins. Well, I have no idea whether these are similar, because I haven’t tried the ones at SB. That’s right I shortened it, I don’t want to get arthritis for writing out the entire name of SB. Also sounds like a medical condition.
Well, these cream cheese pumpkin muffins, they’re really good, you guys. They’re not super easy on the eyes, but they’re tasty. And they’re kinda healthy, because there’s no refined sugar or flour in them. But then, just like for my pumpkin pancake cake, there’s cream cheese in there. So you decide what you can live with.
I can definitely live with these in my life even if I don’t make it to SB again! You know how much money I’ve saved from not having those lattes so far? I’m a millenial, I’ll show you all…I have no idea.
Flourless Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
- plain quick oats (other types will result in different texture and might not “bind” as well)
- pumpkin puree (nothing added!)
- cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, baking soda
- coconut sugar or honey or maple syrup
- almond milk
- coconut flour
- butter or coconut oil
- cream cheese
How To Make Flourless Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat that oven to make it more cozy and inviting for the muffins.
- First thing you do is make the batter by mixing all the ingredients for the muffins in a bowl. In the past I used to blend all the ingredients, now I just mix them and it saves me so much cleaning and unexpectedly – they taste even better when not blended!
- Then you put the batter into a muffin pan, line it with muffin liners to get them out easier and to make cleaning also easier.
- Then make the cream cheese. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, vanilla and honey until smooth.
- Put a Tbsp of that cream cheese mixture on each muffin, say buh-bye and let them bake in the oven at 350 F / 180 C for 20-30 minutes. Or insert a toothpick into the non-cream cheese part to check whether they’re done. They’re done when that toothpick comes out clean. Which is after about 20 minutes, but every oven is different.
- Once done, let the muffins cool off before and enjoy. Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
And that is it! If you want to make the muffins gluten-free, use gluten-free oats – they’re more expensive, but you’re saving money from those lattes anyway. Balance.
Flourless Oatmeal Pumpkin Muffins With Cream Cheese | Easy Recipe
Healthy flourless pumpkin muffins with cream cheese, super easy pumpkin recipe for fall that is good and nourishing enough to be a healthy breakfast idea. If you're looking for some practical meal prep breakfast recipes - you can make these breakfast muffins ahead and eat them on the go.
- 1 ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 heaping tbsp coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix all the ingredients for the muffins in a bowl. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and fill with the mixture. For me, this yielded 6 muffins.
- In a separate small bowl, add all the ingredients for the cream cheese and mix them together.
- Top the muffins with the cream cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting into the cream cheese free part of the muffins.
- Let them cool off, peel out of the muffin liners and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
I hope you enjoy these flourless pumpkin muffins! Let me know if you have questions or if you made them leave me a comment, I’d love to know how this recipe turns out for you!
I want you to know, that I first made these muffins last year, when I overbaked them and they ended up like Quasimodo, but were really delicious. I made them again recently and they look a little better, I’ve also refined and improved the recipe a bit, so they’re not that dense, but more fluffy. Everyone absolutely loved them – my mom, my sister, my little one. Everyone. I hope they turn out well for you too. FIY this recipe was originally published on October 10th 2019 and updated on September 23rd 2020 (a year we never expected! – now the staying at home thing doesn’t sound that weird.).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.