These flourless healthy almond cookies are made with oats, nuts and are deliciously sweet and super easy to make! They make the perfect sweet snack that you can grab and go or have in the afternoon with some coffee or tea. For example.
I got the inspiration for these while leafing through a Greek recipe book. There was a similar recipe using all-purpose flour, butter, sugar and eggs. But guess what? I took out all of the good stuff and made it a bit healthier. Now we can enjoy this almond cookie recipe without any remorse because it is lower in sugar, higher in fiber and more nutritiously balanced altogether. She said while craving butter and crying on the inside.
But these are gooood. All you need to make them is just a few basic ingredients, such as ground oats, almond flour, coconut oil, and a sweetener. They’re naturally vegan and to make sure they stay gluten-free, opt for gluten-free oats. So, head straight to the kitchen, turn on the oven, and let the baking begin!
Here’s what you need for these simple healthy almond cookies without flour:
- Ground oats. You can use either fine or rolled oats. All you need to do is grind them in a blender or a nut grinder for a minute. This will act as our all-purpose flour, but the difference is oats add loads of fiber, minerals, and protein to the almond cookies. Make sure to use gluten-free oats, if you’re on a gluten-free diet.
- Almond flour. This is the second essential ingredient we need. It will add a pleasant almond flavor as well as lots of manganese, magnesium, and vitamin E to the cookie recipe.
- Chopped almonds. Roughly chop some almonds to add to the batter for added crunch!
- Maple syrup. Use maple syrup or your preferred liquid sweetener instead of white sugar.
- Coconut oil. We need coconut oil to make the cookies more buttery and to add a beautiful coconut-y flavor!
- Baking Soda. We will need baking soda and we’ll activate it with some lemon juice. These will help cookies rise and give them a nice, fluffy texture.
How To Make The Healthy Almond Cookies
- Firstly, take out a big bowl and mix the melted coconut oil with the maple syrup.
- Then, add in the baking soda and lemon juice and mix well until the mixture becomes fluffy. You should see bubbles come up.
- At this point, add in the ground oats and the almond flour. The mixture should start to thicken and will become sticky. Add a little bit of water and mix again.
- The next step is to thinly chop the almonds and then add them to the mixture. Let the cookie dough sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes – it will thicken further.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180C/350F and place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Then take out the cookie dough and shape it into 12-14 balls (I use a tablespoon for scooping in order for the cookies to have the same size).
- Press an almond in the middle of each ball, shaping the balls into cookies.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally, let the almond cookies cool off and enjoy!
How To Store The Healthy Almond Cookies
You can easily store the cookies in airtight containers in the fridge, they will be fine to eat in the next 4-5 days. They will become more dense and dry as time goes by, so if you want to “refresh” the texture, reheat them in the oven for 3-4 minutes (don’t use the microwave – it will make them too soft).
How to Serve
There are many ways to enjoy these healthy almond cookies:
- Breakfast. If you feel like eating something sweet this morning, then you can enjoy these cookies with some fruit and a glass of plant-based milk, tea or coffee.
- Dessert. Enjoy as they are or serve with your favorite jam, ice cream, or fresh fruit.
- Snack. If it’s mid-afternoon and you need a little pick-me-up, then grab a cookie or two and serve them either with a cup of tea or your afternoon decaf coffee, and enjoy!
More Healthy Cookie Recipes
I hope you enjoy these flourless almond cookies! If you love cookies, here are some other easy healthy recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter Cookies Without Eggs Or Flour
- Almond Flour Banana Cookies
- Flourless Oatmeal Cookies With Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1/2 almond flour
- 3 tbsp cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp water
- Mix the melted coconut oil with the maple syrup in a bowl. Add in the baking soda and lemon juice and stir until the mix becomes fluffy - about 2 minutes.
- Add in the almond flour and ground oats and as well as the water and combine. The mixture will start to thicken and become a bit sticky.
- Add in the thinly chopped almonds.
- Let the cookie dough chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- During that time, preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take out the dough. Grab some of it using a tablespoon then, shape into a ball. Repeat until you run out of dough, placing the balls onto the baking sheet.
- Press an almond in the middle of each ball, shaping the cookies.
- Then, bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the almond cookies cool off off and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g