Make these 5-minute healthy breakfast parfaits if you can’t find time to eat in the morning. You can also pack them in a jar or an airtight compartment container – perfect for breakfast on the go!
The Ingredients: What’s Inside
The base for these parfaits is simply probiotic yogurt. Plain, no flavor yogurt. You can also use Greek yogurt or whichever type is available where you live. Now that we have the base, here’s what to put on top:
- nut butter
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission – at no extra cost for you, which helps me cover the costs for this blog.
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Parfaits in 5 Minutes
I don’t think you need too many instructions on this, but if you’re a toddler who can read, there you go:
- put some plain yogurt in a glass
- top with some berries
- then add chopped bananas
- then add cashews and walnuts
- then repeat the layering again
- finally add some almond butter
Dig in and enjoy!
- Dairy-Free: I’ve been making these easy parfaits for many many years, but when I went dairy and gluten-free I was making them with chia pudding and not yogurt (I’m back to eating yogurt right now, as it actually helps with my digestion).. So that works as well, but you can also use any type of dairy-free vegan yogurt you like.
- Different Fruits: If you don’t like bananas or strawberries, feel free to explore with the fruit you love. You might want to add a little bit of honey or maple syrup to the yogurt if you don’t add a sweet fruit like bananas, mango or pineapple.
- Nuts and Nut Butters: If roasted cashews and walnuts aren’t your thing, try different types of nuts or seeds that you like. Some great options would be pecans, almonds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed and sunflower seeds.
- Granola: Adding some crunchy granola to these would make them even better to be honest. If you have a brand you trust use that or make your own healthy granola.
Take Them On The Go
You can easily get these breakfast parfaits on the go and eat wherever, whenever (they’re also great for a snack) – simply put all ingredients into a jar and close with a lid. Or, what would be even better: use an airtight container with compartments to keep all different parts separate – nuts in one, yogurt another, fruit in the third compartment. Also, make sure to use whole fresh berries (since frozen might get messy).
Healthy Breakfast Parfaits Recipe
Pack these 5-minute healthy breakfast parfaits in a jar or an airtight compartment container for a quick and easy breakfast idea on the go!
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 cup berries
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 Tbsp roasted cashews, chopped
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp almond butter
- In a small glass add 1/3 cup yogurt.
- Layer with the 1/4 cup berries, 1/4 banana, then 1/2 tbsp cashews and then 1/2 tbsp walnuts.
- Do another layer starting with 1/3 cup yogurt and the rest of the ingredients.
- Top everything with a tsp of your favorite nut butter.
I used frozen mixed berries here, but feel free to use any types of berries or fruit that you like and is available.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 13g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.