You can make this healthy ground beef, quinoa and salad bowl for dinner in about 30 minutes altogether. This recipe is good for meal prep, and it’s spicy, fresh and comforting.
Last week I shared my current favorite recipe – this super delicious healthy ground beef dinner skillet and today I want to share a little variation of how I’ve been enjoying it for the past week.
Don’t get me wrong, that skillet is amazing on its own, I’ve got dreams about it.
But once you add some fresh salad and a creamy garlicky sauce, you’re taking it to another level and understand there’s an even better way to live life.
Things You Need For This Bowl
To make this recipe you need a pan, a bowl for the salad and a bowl for the “bowl” + basic ingredients you probably already have at home.
The first step to make this ground beef, quinoa and salad bowl is to prepare the ground beef dinner skillet. You can find the recipe here.
While you’re cooking, you can start preparing the salad as instructed below and making the garlicky sauce with cashews or yogurt (see options below).
Once the ground beef is done, you can start arranging the bowl – including a serving of the skillet, the salad and topping everything with the sauce. Then, well, dig in.
The good thing about this recipe is that once you’ve made the ground beef dinner skillet, everything is pretty much ready and you can enjoy this bowl for dinner or lunch the next few days without much effort.
How To Make The Salad
I made a small cucumber and tomato salad. You basically chop 1/2 cucumber and some cherry tomatoes, add a tbsp of chopped scallion, a few chopped leaves of spinach, olive oil, salt, and a few chopped green olives. So simple, so delicious and complements the ground beef dish perfectly.
Meal Prep Option
You can easily meal prep this recipe for dinner or if you want lunch. Use meal prep compartment containers or separate containers for each part. Keep the cashew sauce in one compartment (or use a separate container), fill the second compartment with whole cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and olives (don’t add the dressing aka olive oil) and the third one with the ground beef dinner skillet. This way, when it’s time to eat, you can just warm up the ground beef recipe and keep the sauce and the salad fresh.
- If you don’t need to eat dairy-free, you can totally go for the easier sauce option, which is to use yogurt instead of cashews. Simply mix yogurt with minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Takes about a minute.
- You can make this recipe paleo or keto by leaving out the quinoa and beans from the ground beef skillet recipe + the carrot for keto.
- Serve with a different salad of your choice
- A good addition to this bowl would be herbs like basil or parsley.
As you see there are many ways to customize this bowl, make it your own and maybe try different variations, adding the things you like and getting rid of the things you don’t like so much.
I hope you enjoy it, let me know if you have any questions!
This healthy ground beef, quinoa and salad bowl is filling, tasty and satisfying! It’s a great meal prep recipe you can make ahead for dinner or lunch!
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 scallion
- a handful of olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To make the salad add the cucumber, tomato, scallion, olives, olive oil, spinach and a pinch of salt to a bowl and mix together.
- Arrange the bowl by adding a serving of this ground beef dinner skillet, then add the salad on the side and top everything with this cashew sauce or with a yogurt garlic cause. Enjoy!
*If you are eating dairy you can make a simple yogurt garlic sauce instead of the cashew sauce. Simply add a minced garlic clove to 1/2 cup yogurt, a pinch of salt, mix together and you’re ready! **Note that this recipe is for one serving to meal prep it, you’ll need more vegetables for the salad.