This is what happens when you crave quiche Lorraine but are doing the keto diet and don’t have any patience. That’s right, you use your 10 minutes before the kids wake up and turn that quiche into an easy keto breakfast recipe that is scrambled.
I realize I’m a very bold person to actually call this recipe a quiche.
Where’s the crust? And more importantly: Where’s the shape?
Well, all I have to ask is: Who has the time? And where’s the taste?
To answer the second one, the taste is here. This was so freaking good.
It’s not your average sad scrambled eggs with bacon. It’s something different and I kinda feel like it’s healthy,
Also, I used ham and not bacon or lardon (which I just read about in Wikipedia reading about quiche lorraine). Also, I used cream cheese. Sue me, that’s what I had at home and didn’t want to go grocery shopping in the morning.
If you decide, you can definitely make this into mini quiches (maybe you’ll need to double the eggs and cheese), the recipe’s the same, but you need to bake this in small muffin cups at 350F/180C degrees.
Scrambled "Quiche" Lorraine | Easy Keto Breakfast
Quick and easy keto breakfast recipe that is amazingly delicious and reminds me of quiche lorraine taste-wise, but looks nothing like it.
- 1/3 cup ham, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- Slice the broccoli florets thinner, and prepare the rest of the vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (except olive oil) starting with the eggs and cream cheese, then adding the broccoli, zucchini, ham, cheese, scallions and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add some olive oil to a pan, pour the mixture into it and cook at medium-high, covered with a lid for 1-2 minutes. Then uncover and scramble. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the eggs are ready and a nicely browned on a few spots. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 431mgSodium: 1476mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.