Looking for a healthy meal prep lunch recipe? If you love tuna, if you love chickpeas, I’m pretty sure you’ll love these healthy tuna chickpea meal prep lunch bowls. They’re easy and delicious and you can make them using those non-perishable foods that we’ve all been panic-buying over the last weeks.
Can you believe I made this out of the can meal prep recipe before this entire fiasco started? It’s true. And these bowls are delicious!
They’re spicy, high in protein and very easy to put together. All you need are some non-perishable foods, some stubborn cabbage that could live forever in the fridge and an avocado…which if you keep it cool after ripening can also survive a pretty long time.
I don’t want to make this way too long today, so let’s get to the recipe.
Chickpea Tuna Meal Prep Lunch Bowls
This sounds weird, but these chickpea tuna meal prep lunch bowls are delicious, gluten-free, rich in protein and very easy to make.
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp canned jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1-2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup olives
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat a non-stick pan (medium heat) and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add in the tuna, chickpeas, basil, tomato paste, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 garlic clove and the crushed red pepper. Mix everything together and keep stirring for 4-5 minutes, so that the chickpeas and tuna absorb all the flavors.
- In a large bowl mix the cabbage with 1 clove of garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil, mix very well!
- Arrange your bowl: Start with 1/2 cup cabbage, around 4 Tbsp of the tuna + chickpeas, then 1/4 cup olives, 1/2 avocado, some jalapeno and 2 Tbsp hummus. Top with some toasted sesame seeds.
Meal Prep Option: You could meal prep this recipe by preparing the spicy chickpea and tuna mixture and the hummus, keep all the ingredients in separate airtight containers until it's time to arrange the bowls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 646mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 10gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.