How about a quick and easy healthy breakfast recipe? This Mediterranean Eggs breakfast bowl recipe is easy to make, low carb and super delicious!
Mediterranean Eggs Breakfast Bowl Recipe
If you’re craving something savory in the morning and want to make it a bit healthier than eggs and bacon, you’ll love this vegetarian breakfast bowl. Made with eggs, feta cheese and fresh produce this healthy meal will get you to eat your vegetables and your protein in the morning.
I loved it and I don’t even crave breakfast usually. But that morning I woke up with a vision in mind. And that vision was scrambled eggs. And since my fridge was still full of tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, because summer, I decided to make this egg breakfast a little different. Much healthier and very delicious.
This breakfast helped me find out I can actually eat salad-like dishes in the morning and not hate my life. And I also had so much more energy and felt lighter (but not hungry!).
To make the eggs for this breakfast bowl you’ll need some super simple ingredients:
- feta cheese
- black pepper
- bell pepper
- olive oil
The salad part of the bowl is this Mediterranean-style avocado tomato salsa.
How To Make It
I’m a simple human being and I like my meals simple too. Especially in the morning, they’ve got to be easy and quick. (Although I was filming this, so it took me about 30 minutes, but it should take 15!!!!). Here’s what you need to do:
- Whisk the eggs, add the feta cheese, bell pepper, scallion, olives and black pepper.
- Heat a pan, add some olive oil and add the egg mixture.
- Let cook like this for 2 minutes, then start scrambling the eggs.
- Stir for another 3 minutes and you’re ready!
- Serve with the Mediterranean-style avocado tomato salsa and some roasted vegetables if you wish and enjoy!
This meal is low carb and gluten free, but if you don’t care about that – feel free to serve it on a toast! It will be delicious.
At times, I’ve been missing bread so much since going gluten free and I haven’t found a good gluten free option for myself (other than the gluten free oatmeal pizza me and my toddler make).
I hope you enjoy this breakfast idea if you do try it – it’s perfect for summer (I know it’s almost over, but let’s stay positive).
Mediterranean Breakfast Bowl
Mediterranean Breakfast Bowl! This healthy egg breakfast is super tasty and quite easy to make. You'll need some eggs, feta cheese, olives and the vegetables that you like!
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- handful of pitted olives
- black pepper
- 1/2 scallion, chopped thinly
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped thinly
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add in the feta cheese, the bell pepper, scallion, olives and black pepper.
- Heat a pan at medium high, add some olive oil and add the egg mixture. Let cook like this for 2 minutes, then start scrambling the eggs.
- Stir for another 3 minutes and you're ready!
- Enjoy immediately.
I served these eggs with this simple Mediterranean-style avocado tomato salsa and and some roasted vegetables. You can also serve them on toast or wrap them into a breakfast burrito!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 397mgSodium: 820mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.