With all other oatmeal pancake recipes, I completely forgot about these delicious oatmeal pear pancakes! Until I made them again the other day – they’re yummy and very easy to make. The recipe won’t make a lot, so if you want to feed more than one person – double the ingredients!
Oatmeal Pear Pancakes
Pears. I don’t know how you feel about pears, but I had forgotten about them. They never get that big media attention that apples do. I mean apple’s got its own computer and everything. What does pear have? Only the pear body shape and…, nope, that’s pretty much it.
Well, as with everything else, once my son came into the world I was reintroduced to pears. They helped him poop, they were his first actual meal that wasn’t breast milk or formula and he loved them so much. He still asks for them, especially now that they’re in season.
Pears are high in fiber and have some exciting health benefits and honestly I have no idea why apples get all the fame. I like pears more.
And these pancakes – they make them shine. They’re perfect for toddlers as there’s no sugar added and on top – no flour! Just some oats, honey, eggs, the pear and some yogurt. Perfect healthy breakfast that is disguised as a pancake.
How To Make Oatmeal Pear Pancakes
The easiest way to make these pear pancakes is by using a really good blender or a hand blender and a bowl. I used the hand blender and the bowl. Put all the ingreidents – pear, eggs, baking powder, oats, yogurt, honey and cinnamon and blend with all your power until smooth.
Then heat a skillet to low or low-medium, grease it using coconut oil or some butter. Pour the batter in forming palm-sized pancakes, let them cook until bubbles come up and carefully flip to cook on the other side as well.
- If the heat is too high these pancakes might brown a little too quick, so I recommend keeping it low and having a little bit of patience for the bubbles.
- Use cinnamon or vanilla, add your spice to this mixture – I really enjoyed the cinnamon!
- Top with your favorite toppings (I like to use honey and some butter – it’s so delicous).
Hopefully you’ll enjoy these pancakes, maybe you make them as a post-Halloween breakfast! OMG, completely forgot: Happy Halloween! Boo.
10-Minute Oatmeal Pear Pancakes
Easy oatmeal pear pancakes make the best healthy breakfast for fall!
- 1 pear
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- coconut oil for cooking
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and process with a hand blender or use a good blender to make the batter.
- Grease and heat a non-stick skillet to low or low/medium.
- Pour in the batter, making small pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until edges look ready, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve hot honey or maple syrup and chopped nuts or fresh fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 527Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 716mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 11gSugar: 36gProtein: 13g
You Might Also Like:
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Apple Oatmeal Pancakes (my sister’s recipe)
- Simple Oatmeal Pancakes
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.