This simple potato cauliflower soup with Parmesan cheese is healthy, vegetarian, delicious, made with few simple ingredients and very quick to prepare! No need for cream, this is the perfect easy cauliflower soup recipe to make for dinner.
Also, this is totally a kid-friendly vegetable soup as well, because even my picky eater ate it and didn’t complain or try to run away at all. He ate a full meal and it’s not a sandwich – that’s a win in my book.
Cauliflower is in season currently, so I’ve been buying as much of it as I can. It’s super healthy, so versatile and right now it’s the cheapest it has been for the entire year, so yeah, I’m buying it as if it’s a cryptocurrency in 2021.
You can make pretty much anything with cauliflower. We’ve been adding it to things like risottos, making cauliflower rice-based dishes like this skillet, and roasting it to make healthy salads and power bowls. But, I hadn’t made a cauliflower soup yet. In fact, I had never made a soup with cauliflower in my life. Sure I’d add a bit here and there, but never really use a substantial amount of cauliflower in soups.
So a few days ago I was looking at the 1/2 small cauliflower head in my fridge and remembered having lunch with my coworkers when I was still working in Germany years ago. Cauliflower soup was on the lunch menu and you could get a serving for like $2. No thanks, I thought and being young and naive, ordered myself some pizza.
That cauliflower soup has been haunting me for all these years. Contrary to what I thought, it smelled so good. With some black pepper and cheese on it…Like stop complaining and just get the soup, it’s $2!
So, once that memory popped into my head – it was decided. I’m making cauliflower soup and I’m adding some potatoes to make it creamier and more filling because I have a child to feed too. I’ve also added a good amount of Parmesan cheese to make it even better.
It was so tasty and so easy to put together that I’m starting to make it all the time during cauliflower season.
You’ll Love This Potato Cauliflower Soup
The beauty of this healthy vegetable soup is in its simplicity. There are no overwhelming or overpowering flavors, just simple cold-weather vegetables and some Parmesan. It’s super comforting and wonderful for dinner. You’ll love the soup because it’s
- easy and quick to make
- great for kids too!
- made with few simple ingredients
Potato Cauliflower Soup Ingredients
The ingredients in this potato cauliflower soup are super simple.
Cauliflower. Fresh, but you can also use frozen cauliflower for this soup if the vegetables is not in season when you’re finding this recipe.
Potatoes. I love adding potatoes to soups, because they make them more substantial and when blended – creamier.
Carrots and Onions. That’s right, we need the usual soup suspects for this soup as well.
Parmesan. And depending on what you have, you can use another type of cheese as well – mozzarella or cheddar for example will be good options too!
Salt and Pepper. Add some of these to taste. I really love black pepper in soups!
Stock or water. You can use vegetable stock if you want, I always make things from scratch, so I use water and add salt and pepper to taste. So, if you don’t have stock – this is an option too!
How To Make A Healthy Potato Cauliflower Soup
Making this cauliflower soup is the easiest thing you can imagine, here’s what you need to do:
- chop the vegetables
- add them to a cooking pot with stock or water, salt and black pepper
- cook for about 25 minutes at medium heat
- add in the parmesan cheese
- serve immediately
That’s it! It takes very little work on your part and it’s so good.
Here are some great ways to serve this tasty potato cauliflower soup:
- with lots of freshly ground black pepper and extra Parmesan cheese on top
- use toasted seeds or croutons to top the soup
- with pickled jalapenos – I did not show this, but it’s how I enjoyed my 2nd serving of soup. It was SO good. These flavors complement each other so so well – you have to try it.
More Healthy Vegetable Soup Recipes
I hope you enjoy this delicious healthy and easy potato cauliflower soup with Parmesan cheese! If you’re looking for more healthy vegetable soup recipes, be sure to check out these tasty soups as well:
- 10-Minute Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup
- Healthy Lentil Vegetable Soup
- 30-Minute Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
Potato Cauliflower Soup
This simple potato cauliflower soup with Parmesan cheese is healthy, delicious, made with few simple ingredients and very quick to prepare! No need for cream, this is the perfect easy cauliflower soup recipe to make for dinner.
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups stock or water or until 1/2 way
- Wash cauliflower, carrots and potatoes. Peel the onion and potatoes. Chop everything roughly.
- Add the vegetables to a small cooking pot and fill to about 1/2 way with stock or water and add a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove from heat and add in the parmesan cheese. Blend using an immersion blender until super smooth. Have a taste and add salt and more Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese on top, freshly grated black pepper, croutons or toasted seeds and if desired - pickled jalapenos (I loved these with the soup!).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 12g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.