Today, I’ll show you how to live. A little. Once you try this pumpkin cake, you’ll understand. And love me forever. As a huge people pleaser, that’s all I’m living for. Also if you don’t want to make pumpkin pancakes you can make this pancake cake recipe with any type of pancakes you have – blueberry, chocolate chip, plain or healthy oatmeal pancakes! But in case you’re looking for some easy healthy dessert ideas for fall, you’ve got to try this pumpkin recipe as shown in the recipe below.
Pumpkin Pancake Cake
This recipe is kinda healthy, but not really. The pancakes are flourless and don’t have too much sugar in them. But then there’s the cream cheese…I don’t know is it healthy? Is it not? I think I’m pretty much okay if it’s not super healthy.
Now let’s get started.
How To Make Pumpkin Pancake Cake
Remember how you usually stack pancakes on top of each other on special mornings, let’s call them Sunday mornings when you think you know what real happiness feels like?
That’s pretty similar. You’ll stack some pancakes on top of one another you’ll put some cream cheese frosting in between the floors and you’ll let that sit in the fridge for a few hours.
Let’s recap here, here’s how you make the pancake cake:
- make pumpkin pancakes or your favorite type of pancakes and let them cool off
- make frosting out of cream cheese, vanilla and honey, add some orange juice if you like it (I personally LOVE IT, so my recommendation: just do it, okay?)
- arrange pancakes in layers in an airtight container or a smaller baking tray (the recipe isn’t for a huge cake!). You’ll need to cut some pancakes in half or do like me and just rip them with your bare hands into pieces like an animal and then layer.
- add the cream cheese frosting on top of the first layer
- then a second layer of pancakes and then a second layer of frosting
- all done – put it in a fridge and wait for it…for about two hours
How To Eat The Cake
Then you’ll have the cake and maybe share some with the family. You can make more of this and bring it to a party.
But let’s be real here. Even if you eat this all by yourself after dinner, because you need something sweet – nobody will judge you. Maybe they will but who cares? You have pancake cake.
You can make this recipe even more interesting by adding some chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans on top…or some type of berries. Although, I don’t know whether berries would go with this fall flavor. Let me know if you try it.
Amazing Pumpkin Pancake Cake (SO EASY!)
You’ll love this easy pumpkin recipe for fall! This super easy healthy dessert recipe is named a pumpkin pancake cake and is made with healthy pumpkin pancakes and a delicious cream cheese frosting. It’s an absolutely delicious pumpkin cake that you can make in about 20-30 minutes!
- 3x pumpkin oat pancakes
- 5 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp orange juice (optional)
- Prepare 3 batches of pumpkin pancakes and let them cool off.
- In the meantime prepare the cream cheese frosting. Mix the cream cheese, vanilla, honey and orange juice (optional) until smooth. Make sure to taste the cream cheese before adding to the pancakes, to adjust for sweetness.
- Layer the pancakes in a medium-sized Tupperware or airtight container covering the surface (even if not perfectly). You might need to cut or tear some pancakes in half to cover everywhere (as you can see this doesn't need to be pretty at this point, you won't see it when the cake is ready!).
- Cover the first layer of the pancakes with the cream cheese and repeat for the other layer (or layers - depending on your container's size!)
- Let the cake sit in the fridge for at least two hours and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this oatmeal pumpkin pancake cake, let me know if you have questions or if you made it leave me a comment on Pinterest or Instagram – I’d love to know how this recipe turns out for you!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.