This year for Mother’s day I wanted to gather some of the best funny, loving and inspirational motherhood quotes, quotes about love and simply quotes about being a mom, and I wanted to share these here.
Not knowing what happens when you become a mom, helped me become a mom. A person, who is not yet a mom, might be scared if she knew…
Becoming a mom, opened a door for a new life for me. A life, I never could imagine when I was not a mother yet.
And everything else seems different and somehow insignificant. As if I was someone else before I gave birth to my child. As if I was also born anew.
Being a mom is such a unique and beautiful experience. It’s nowhere near easy and you might feel like you lose a part of yourself at times, but you gain so much more and you learn so much more about yourself, life and love.
20 Inspiring Quotes About Motherhood And Love
1. The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children —Karl Lagerfeld
2. Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. —Robert Browning
3. No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you – life. —Unknown
4. All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. —Abraham Lincoln
5. If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? —Milton Berle
6. A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. — Princess Diana
7. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. —Sophia Loren
8. God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. —Rudyard Kipling
9. My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. —Pablo Picasso
10. Mothers possess a power beyond that of a king on his throne. —Mabel Hale
11. It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful? —Mahatma Gandhi
12. Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. —Erich Fromm
13. It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it. —Dorothy, The Golden Girls
14. Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. – Barbara Kingsolver
15. Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials. —Meryl Streep
16. It’s a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful. —Roald Dahl
17. Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving. —Gail Tsukiyama
18. There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. —Jill Churchill
19. To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. —Maya Angelou
20. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love. — Mildred Vermont
I also ABSOLUTELY love this post I read in Paulo Coelho’s blog, it takes like 1 minute – read it!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.