This 15-minute spicy shrimp and quinoa recipe will solve all your problems…seriously, it can even do math and invest in stocks for you. Some of this might not true (I guess it depends on the type of quinoa you use!). But you know what’s a fact? That this quinoa recipe is a super easy healthy dinner idea that you can make for one, two or as many more. It’s fast, simple and delicious. And that’s all we can ask for when we’re hungry at 8 pm.
You’ll need a few things to make this tasty dish work. Nine to be exact.
- cooked quinoa
- crushed red pepper
- olive oil
- First of all, you’ll need some cooked quinoa. So if you’re like me and always have some leftover somewhere in your fridge, you’re halfway there. If not, I suggest you make some and come back here, because I’ll miss you.
- Then you’ll need some shelled and deveined shrimp.
- And then you need some vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, garlic and spinach. You can also use some basil if you have it.
- Last but not least, you’ll need some crushed red pepper and mozzarella cheese and your tasty dinner is ready.
This recipe is generally good for 2 people and it’s great with some salad on the side, but if you’re very hungry and only want to eat this, then this meal might just be for you. The other person will have to pretend they’re stuffed while eating a little bit and drinking water most of the night. So double the recipe if you need to. And worst case, if you don’t eat everything – you’ll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
How To Make This Shrimp and Quinoa
You only need one pan for this, and if you’re like me, that’s one of the best news you’ve heard in a while. I feel like my life and that of a dishwasher aren’t that much different. Here’s what to do in the pan:
- Sear the shrimp on both sides for 2/3 minutes each side until nicely brown. I didn’t add anything to mine, but you could definitely mix them with some garlic, crushed red pepper and lemon juice prior to adding them to the pan. Once they’re done, take them out of the pan and put onto a plate.
- Next, chop thinly or blend one medium-sized tomato and heat it in the pan with some garlic, olive oil, some salt, the zucchini, quinoa and spinach and crushed red pepper, mix together and cover with a lid to allow the flavors to combine for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the mozzarella, let it melt, then add the shrimp and some basil if you want to. Now it’s ready to eat.
Super quick and super easy weeknight or weekend meal…I mean, for me, my weeks are all just a blur at this point, so…
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe if you do make it! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions – don’t hesitate to ask.
15-Minute Spicy Shrimp And Quinoa
This 15-minute spicy shrimp and quinoa recipe is a super easy healthy dinner idea that is fast, simple and delicious. Perfect gluten free recipe for weeknights or weekends!
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sear the shrimp on both sides for 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer onto a plate.
- Use the same pan and add olive oil, the thinly chopped tomato, zucchini, garlic, spinach, some crushed red pepper and quinoa, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until flavors combine.
- Add mozzarella cheese melt, let it melt and then stir in the shrimp.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 244mgSodium: 1226mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 40g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.