It won’t take a ton of time to whip up these strawberry pancakes! Made with oatmeal and without flour, these are healthy pancakes that will make you want to wake up in the morning. These healthy oatmeal pancakes are easy to make and taste and smell incredible!
I’m kinda sad about you not being able to smell these. They smell like heaven.
They really should find a way to incorporate the sense of smell online, seriously. We’re able to see and hear what’s going on, but work on that smell sense, would ya? Thanks. I have no idea who they are, but I can’t do anything about it.
Strawberry Pancake Ingredients
Oats. To make these healthy pancakes you’ll need to prepare one thing: ground oats. You can use your food processor, nut grinder or a blender for this. Or you can use a knife and chop each oat individually. Oooor, you can also buy pre-ground oats or oat flour (use a little bit less in the recipe). Whichever option you choose – we need those ground oats.
Egg. You’ll add a medium to large egg to the batter so that the pancakes don’t fall apart and get embarrassed in the pan.
Greek Yogurt. I regret every time I didn’t add some Greek yogurt to my pancakes – makes them fluffy and more delicious.
Honey. To make the pancakes sweeter. You can probably use a fancy type of sugar here as well, but I like to stick to liquid sweeteners, maple syrup will work as well.
Baking Soda. Just a tiny bit to make the pancakes fluffier.
Vanilla. DO NOT SKIP THE VANILLA. It’s so important here. I used some natural ground vanilla here, but if you don’t have it use common sense and add whichever type of vanilla you have at home.
Strawberries. Slice or chop some fresh strawberries to add them on your pancakes. OMG, that smell will haunt your dreams and hopes.
How To Make Strawberry Pancakes
- Step one. The first thing you need to do is find those ground oats or make them yourself. Then you can be at peace.
- Step two. Take a bowl and whisk one egg, the yogurt, and the honey together until your arm can’t take any more. Alternatively, you can use a blender or a hand blender and skip the whole whisking workout.
- Step Three. Add the oats, the baking soda and the vanilla to the batter. Do another round of mixing and you’re done.
- Step Four. Add some butter or coconut oil to a non-stick pan at medium to medium-high and add the pancake batter, forming smaller, palm-sized pancakes.
- Step Five. Once you’ve formed the pancakes, don’t just sit there resting on your laurels, it’s time to top each pancake with strawberry slices. You might have a system for this, I didn’t and was just putting strawberries wherever I felt I wanted at the time.
- Step Six. Once you’ve covered all those pancakes with strawberries and the edges look ready and the top isn’t as fluid, it’s time to flip those pancakes. Be careful with this as you don’t want to break them apart.
- Step Seven. Cook until golden brown, transfer to a plate that you like and enjoy immediately.
Strawberry Pancake Options
Okay, so I obviously made these pancakes with strawberries and called them strawberry pancakes for that reason, but if you don’t care for strawberries – any other berry fruit would work here.
You can pretty much use any fruit that you’d use in a pie for this pancake recipe.
Breakfast On The Go
Sounds weird, but you can definitely take these also on the go. Let them cool off for a few minutes and put them in an airtight container and take them to work or wherever you wanna go with you. They’re great as a breakfast, but also for a sweet healthy snack when you’ve got cravings.
I’d often make pancakes like these for my son, who is almost 2 and we’d take them on the go, so he has something healthy to eat, if there aren’t any healthy options around. These oatmeal pancakes keep for 4-5 hours if they’re not in the sun of course (please apply common sense here!).
I hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as we did and let me know if you have any questions!
Healthy Strawberry Pancakes
These are fluffy, easy and healthy strawberry pancakes made with oats, no flour and no sugar. This is a super delicious and simple healthy breakfast recipe you can make in less than 10 minutes!
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1 Tbsp butter (for frying)
- Whisk the egg with as much force as you can until the yogurt and honey until well combined.
- Mix in the ground oats.
- Add the baking soda and the vanilla. Mix it all together until you have a thick, yet fluid batter.
- Heat some butter or coconut oil in a non-stick pan at medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and pour the mixture forming small pancakes.
- While cooking, top each pancake with a few slices of strawberries (as many as you'd like).
- When the pancake edges are done, flip. Cook until golden brown then quickly transfer to a plate.
- Enjoy like this or top with honey, maple syrup, nut butter or jam of your choice!
*Double the recipe if you're making this for more than one hungry person
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 811mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 6gSugar: 24gProtein: 14g
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.