Yes, this is the best strawberry smoothie in the history of the world. Made with only 3 ingredients, 2 of them being frozen strawberries and banana – this refreshing simple smoothie recipe is healthy, easy to make and just delicious. It’s even better than a strawberry shake. I’m not lying.
Right now, I’m addicted to this healthy strawberry smoothie. It’s sweet, fresh, tastes like dessert without being overly sweet…You know that sweetness that gives you a hole in your tooth right away? Not that kind of sweetness. It’s a natural, refreshing sweetness that makes you feel good and smile.
This quick smoothie is perfect for a snack, whenever you need a little pick me up. I often make it when I need something sweet and I don’t want to poison myself. And, if your child is old enough to have milk – give them a sip too. Or use breastmilk. OMG, this would totally work. Probably. I don’t know – don’t do it. Do whatever you want.
Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
To make this simple, but tasty strawberry smoothie you will need only 3 ingredients:
- Strawberries. Use frozen strawberries to make this smoothie thicker and cooler without adding any ice. That is the big secret here, it helps get that beautiful texture – something between a slushy and a shake.
- Banana. In this smoothie, I used a fresh banana, but if you don’t have fresh bananas, you can also use frozen ones. Make sure to let them thaw for a few minutes, before blending. If you use the frozen banana right out of the freezer, it will create a thicker smoothie and you’ll probably need to add more liquid to be able to blend it.
- Liquid of choice. You can use regular milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or even water to make this or any other smoothie.
Optional: add some cinnamon, vanilla or if you want: Greek yogurt. To make the strawberry smoothie even healthier and more filling you can also add chia seeds, flax seeds, overnight oats or a Tbsp of your favorite nut butter.
Fruit To Add To A Strawberry Smoothie
If you don’t like bananas and would like to make a strawberry smoothie without bananas, these fruits also would go well with strawberries:
You can use them fresh or frozen. They’re pretty sweet, so I always like to add a little bit of yogurt or coconut cream to balance it out.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
I hope you enjoy this amazing strawberry smoothie recipe if you give it a go while strawberries are still in season. And if you have some other healthy smoothies, give these a go:
- Mango and Kale Green Smoothie
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (perfect for toddlers too!)
- Overnight Oats: Easy Healthy Breakfast On The Go
Now, let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 banana, medium
- 1 cup milk
- cinnamon (optionally)
- Add all ingredients to your blender, blend until smooth and serve immediately. If the smoothie turns out too thick for your taste - add some more milk, if too liquid - add more fruit. I added just a tiny pinch of cinnamon before blending, was a good addition.
Use milk of your choice - whole milk, coconut milk or almond milk would all be good additions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
Originally published in November 2016 and last updated in May 2023.