Get ready for change, you Greek salad, you… We’re getting rid of the feta and adding some chicken and avocado to you and turning you into a super fresh paleo and low carb recipe for lunch or dinner. Now, you’re a tomato, avocado and chicken salad with some basil in it. Aaand I’m banned from Greece forever. This healthy salad is great whenever you need to eat asap and would eat whatever over the sink, allow some space for grace and make this super simple chicken salad. It’s quick, it’s nourishing, tasty and filling and it’s a good keto diet recipe! It’s also a great refreshing summer salad.
Tomato Avocado Chicken Salad Ingredients
- Chicken. Prepare chicken your favorite way, cube and that’s it. I used grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs that were only flavored with some black pepper and salt. Simple, but pretty great.
- Tomatoes. Choose juicy, fresh and ripe summer tomatoes. Or, if you live somewhere where tomatoes taste like nothing (I lived in Germany) – use cherry tomatoes, they usually taste like something.
- Cucumbers. Choose crunchy and thinner cucumbers, those are the best!
- Avocado. Use a ripe avocado to make this the best salad ever. Learn how to ripen an avocado here.
- Green peppers. Fresh bell peppers or something like fresh jalapenos will also do.
- Olives. Because what is a salad without olives? It’s a sad salad. Still, if you don’t like olives, you can skip this and add a little more salt instead.
- Basil. Do not skip the basil! Well, if you do skip it, use arugula, parsley or cilantro instead. Just add something green that has some flavor (you see why spinach, kale or lettuce won’t do).
- Scallion. Throw in some scallions in there, you can also add garlic if you’re feeling brave and are going out with someone you want to torture. Just kidding, garlic is my best friend.
How To Make Tomato Avocado Chicken Salad
Step numero uno: Imagine you’re a butcher and you chop for a living. Chop everything I just mentioned. The tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, grilled chicken, peppers, basil, scallion, you can even chop the olives. Chop until there’s nothing in sight to chop.
Step number dos: Then take a bowl and throw everything in there.
Step number tres: Squeeze in some lemon, add olive oil, salt and pepper.
Final Step: Mix it all together, sit down and enjoy it!
That is it! It took you like what, 10 minutes? And you’ve got lunch/dinner/breakfast ready. No more eating chips for dinner, guys. Summer’s here, we can eat salads.
- 1 large tomato or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 small green pepper
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- handful basil, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- handful of olives
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- Chop the vegetables and the chicken and add them to a bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon, add olive oil and grind some black pepper. Mix it all together and add salt to taste.
- Enjoy immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 13g