If you want to make the best tomato cucumber salad, you’ve come to the right place. Because the other day, I made the most delicious, refreshing and easy tomato salad in the entire world. And I did it without using an onion!
With fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese and parsley this salad just screams: SUMMER!
This healthy salad is good enough to be eaten on its very own, but would also do great as a side dish as it’s not egocentric and does not need to be the center of attention. Even if it might actually become that once you try it.
Don’t know what it is, but I’m obsessed with summer right now! Even if I’m 1 degree away from melting like coconut oil right now, I just love everything about it.
The fresh strawberries, the cucumbers, the tomatoes, the cherries – all these things taste like something now. I’m making healthy strawberry pancakes, chickpea salads and I’m really inspired. And I’m feeling like I will actually get enough vitamins just from eating. No supplements. Winter, sorry, but I do not miss you.
Tomato Cucumber Salad Ingredients
The name of it spoils a lot, but here are the ingredients you need to make the best cucumber and tomato salad:
- Tomatoes: red, ripe and delicious! Choose well or use the cherry ones.
- Cucumbers: green, crunchy and super fresh. If you can, choose smaller and thinner cucumbers and trust me, the best cucumbers don’t look the best. You’ll have to touch a lot of cucumbers to find the right one, but it’s worth it. (that kinda sounded wrong)
- Feta cheese: Adding something salty and something fat to our delicious fresh salad
- Parsley: any type would do and it adds even more freshness to the salad, chop it really good.
- Surprise Guest: Garlic. Seriously, I would’ve used onion in here, but somehow I ran out of onions and this just proves life’s good. Salad with minced garlic in it is the best.
- Olive oil and some dry herbs
How To Make A Tomato Cucumber Salad
This salad really should take about 5-10 minutes. You simply:
- Wash the vegetables
- Chop everything
- Put in a bowl
- Toss to combine and that’s it!
This is a dish best served cold and immediately because the ingredients spoil fast. Thus I wouldn’t recommend making this ahead, but it would probably keep in the fridge for a few hours.
- 2 small cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mint (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley. Add to a bowl.
- Crumble feta cheese and add to the vegetables.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, dried mint and toss to combine.
- Have a taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g