This is a collection of very simple, healthy and easy vegan dinner ideas that you can make in no time! These plant-based dinner recipes are great for beginners and most take 30 minutes or less to make.
The other day I watched one of those videos where someone goes vegan for a month. While it was playing, I went through the comments, as I always do because I cannot do just one thing, and stumbled upon a comment that said something like this:
“We don’t need a handful of perfect vegans. We need a sea of imperfect vegans”.
Or something like that. It was just saying in a very beautiful way, that you don’t need to be 100% vegan to be a better human and to make a difference for the animals, the environment and your own health.
So this is what I want to do this year. I have no intention to fully go vegan, but I want to decrease my animal consumption and to consume more plants on a daily basis. I want to make at least 2 out of my three meals in a day plant-based.
So if you’re like me and want to increase your consumption of plants while decreasing your animal product intake, you can start with these simple and easy plant-based dinner ideas. They’re also great if you’re 100% vegan. Anybody can make them, most of them take around 30 minutes and you don’t need to buy fancy powders or other unusual products.
15 Simple And Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes
1. Spicy Tofu Wraps
Filled with tofu, avocado, and fresh vegetables these spicy tofu wraps are super filling and delicious. Recipe here.
2. 5-Minute Mediterranean Bowl
This delicious vegan bowl is great for meal prep and easy to assemble in around 5 minutes. You’ll need some hummus, vegan tzatziki, quinoa, chickpeas, olives and a fresh tomato cucumber salad. Recipe here.
3. Coconut Lentil Curry Soup With Butternut Squash
Great meal for those days when all you want to do is stay stay at home and be warm! Made with red lentils, this soup is ready in around 20-30 minutes and it’s absolutely delicious. Recipe here.
4. Evolved Lentil Wraps
Filled with lentils, fresh herbs and vegetables, these vegan lentil wraps are absolutely delicious. Recipe here.
5. Spicy Red Curry Noodles
I added some tofu here for some protein, but feel free to leave it out if you’re soy-free. This meal is comforting, spicy and fresh all at the same time. Recipe here.
6. 15-Minute Spicy Chickpea Skillet
For this simple plant-based meal you need a can of chickpeas, some green beans, spices and tomato paste. You can also add any vegetables you like. It’s super easy, yet filling and delicious. Recipe here.
7. Easy Vegan Egg Roll In A Bowl
Made with cabbage, carrots and tofu this is the vegan version of egg roll in a bowl. This recipe is low carb, healthy and delicious. You can find it here.
8. Mediterranean Chickpea Wraps
These are absolutely amazing. Filled with spicy chickpeas, some hummus and a fresh salad they’re ready in around 30 minutes and great for meal prep. Recipe here.
9. Red Lentil And Bulgur Dinner
This is a comforting and delicious vegan meal that is made with lentils, bulgur, herbs, spices and vegetables. You can have it on its own, as a side dish or with a salad. Perfect for dinner and meal prep, the recipe is here.
10. Vegan Chickpea Quesadilla
This is a quick and easy vegan quesadilla recipe that you can make together with what you have in your pantry and fridge. It takes around 15 minutes. Recipe here.
11. 20-Minute Chickpea Soup Recipe
Make this soup on a cold winter day, even if you don’t have time. Use a can of chickpeas and get it done in 20 minutes. Recipe here.
12. Quinoa, Green Bean and Chickpea Skillet
13. Quick & Easy White Bean Soup
Learn how to transform a can of white beans into a warming and delicious white bean soup in around 20 minutes here.
14. Healthy Vegan Lentil Bowls
Rich in protein and fiber this easy lentil recipe is filling and full of flavor. Recipe here.
15. Lentil Curry And Rice Soup
Last, but definitely not least, is another one of my favorites: a lentil curry soup. With some rice, peas and lime leaves this soup is filling, spicy and fresh. Recipe here.
I hope you found some interesting recipe ideas in this roundup! I wanted to keep it short and simple without overwhelming you with 50 recipes. I’ve tried all of these and they all taste amazing – I’m not missing anything, I feel satisfied and it helps me to keep doing it.
For The Curry Noodles
- 5oz/150g noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml/13.5 ounce)
- 5 lime leaves
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2/3 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup cabbage, chopped
- 3 small carrots, chopped
- 7 oz / 200g tofu, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- toasted sesame seeds
- Chop the vegetables - zucchini in cubes, cabbage and carrots in strips, broccoli florets a bit smaller and the scallion thinly sliced.
- Heat the coconut milk and the curry paste in a large skillet until you get a creamy, smooth broth. Have a taste and adjust by adding more curry paste (a little bit at a time about 1/2 tsp) if you want your "sauce" to be spicier.
- Add the lime leaves and stir in the vegetables. Cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the noodles and stir in for about 1-2 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the noodles soak for a few more minutes (follow instructions on package). Remove the lime leaves.
- Serve hot with some chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.
- For more details, you can find the original recipe details here.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g